5 Things to Know About Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser treatments are great procedures because they can help correct a variety of different problems safely and without being too invasive. The trickiest part about laser treatments is deciding which one is best for your specific needs and concerns — that is why Dr. Cosgrove put together this helpful infographic to give a little more insight on laser skin resurfacing. To learn more about laser skin resurfacing or the variety of laser treatments we offer, contact us here!
- Laser skin resurfacing makes your skin hypersensitive to the sun, so patients must wear sunscreen daily.
- Treatment is recommended to be performed in the fall or winter when the days are shorter.
- The procedure may hurt. It depends on the laser, the treatment area, and the patient’s pain tolerance.
- There are a variety of laser options and each one addresses a different, specific skin concern.
- Non-ablative lasers require no downtime, but ablative lasers can require a 2-3 week healing process.